I'm using the quiz website I found last week for a spelling test. I was pretty surprised after taking a couple of the quizzes that I really could improve my spelling! Check out it HERE
Friday, February 13, 2009
Spelling Time My Friends
Every year since I have been out of high school (over 12 years) I have gradually lost my ability to spell. I was dang good at spelling all throughout my schooling years. Once I started using the computer more and more, I began to rely on "spell check" in the software, and not in my mind. If today, I had to hand write a document I'm sure it would be full of spelling errors. I want to work on this. I think most people should work on this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Mike, Nice test, I didn't do so hot. However I think rather than just reading it if I were to have typed those words I would have gotten more right, Because the mind tends to trick you and fill in the missing or incorrect letters.
ReplyDeleteGreat way to mix it up with a quiz site, awesome extra effort. I also like how you added some personal info about yourself. Exposing your own weakness allows the reader (me) to be more ok with sharing that I have the exact same problem! Thanks for a great post, AWESOMENESS!!!
ReplyDeleteMark Shamo, I think this a prob for everyone. I won a spelling bee in 7th grade to travel across the country to be in the finals.... and now I am the worst speller EVER cause i just took your lil spelling test and got 13/20 questions right! :( Those were words i should'vr known! haha Is it lazyness or can we blam it on how we speak through texing and myspacing and all that junk!
ReplyDelete